Tuesday, September 16, 2008

wedding at pj hilton...






Last saturday I attend an ex school fren wedding at pj Hilton. Actually kinda lazy to go since tis is a fasting month and normally at nite kinda tired. But since he’s the one who sent the card personally to me…I dont have the guts to say that m not coming because of not so reasonable excuses.

I went there with my best friend and her hubby. As usual…m always alone huhu I spare few kurma and also plain water for berbuka. Since the dinner will start at 8pm…normal for Chinese wedding stated in the card at 7pm but have to wait for others to arrive so it will start late. I just break fast in the prayer room with those thing tats I brought from home.

It was very challenging to wait until the 1st course dish been served. So hungry. Since everyone was so hungry, we managed to clear off most of the food :)

It was great to meet old school friends….ex-smte. Most of them are married or they came with bf or gf. M still maintain being solo hehehe i’ve been seated in a table tat all married couple. One of them was my ex bf during school hahaha but just be professional. Past is past. He got a nice wife anyway.

The main thing I wanna emphasized here….i don’t really like when the wedding involves alcohol. Ya it’s a Chinese wedding so it’s a normal thing and it a must to have alcohol to celebrate. To see our muslim frends drinks alcohol juz like drinking ribena is another one thing. Actually diorg x kisah nak minum in front of me coz tis while m not bothered with what they are doing as long they respect me. May be dah terbiasa so its not a big deal. Even I don’t like it but I have to be open.

It make me thinks that…until when they are going to be like tis? Aren’t they afraid of god? Sampai bila nak bersuka ria macam ni? Kalau masa skolah dulu fahamla sbb masa muda…tapi ni umur dah 30+ but still xde perubahan. The best part, wife x kisah pun husband minum depan orang lain…yg serve plak our own muslim. Sedih actually to see tis situation. May be m sound like an orthodoxical but I cant just sit and pretend tat it is okay even it’s not okay at all.

Tengok plak pengantin lelaki teruk kena buli…semua nak raikan so he has to drinks a lot. Muka dah macam crab. Cakap pun dah x betul. But still kawan punya pasal so he has to drinks…no choice. Ada plak yang muntah yang dalam hall tu. So disgusting.

May be I sound kampung…tapi apa yg seronoknya? Cuba jugak nak faham keseronokkan mcm tu. Ntahla…out of my way of thinking…

Anyway…m happy for Low & Alice…finally they tie the knot. Semakin berkurang group kitorang yg still single :)

I hope xde yg amek hati pasal apa yg I tulis. It just my sincere tots from my point of view. As what I said before….life is just not about having fun…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh, did you know that i was also at Hilton Pj last saturday? I bukak puasa with my sister and brother at paya serai hahah.. should know you were around so i can go curik curik tengok.

Anyway, what you said about alcohol is very true. I am so glad that im not even interested on those drinks even sometimes the they name sound very tempting.

In this "keparat" world of mine most of my friend having alcohol drink like minum kopi. Used to that already but i never approved what their doing.

I know im not thet 'baik' to give advice to people. i did a lot of wrong doing too. But i always tell myself this, whatever bad things you want to do pun make sure the things will not effect other people. May be my theory is stupid but this keep me away from this thing all this while.. 'if you minum than it will become your flesh and blood. And somehow rather your kid will inherit not much pun s bit from it.., do you want your kid to be like you?'. if i will have any kids in future i wahnt them to be better than i am. do fikir fikir lah.

panjang pulak dah. sowey!

To others, "buat baik, happy gathering, happy moments biar ramai ramai.. tapi nak buat jahat, nak jadi setan, buat lah sendiri sendiri, jangan kasik org lain jadik magsa" - my naive thgts..

Sorry min, banyak pulak cakap pagipagi ni.. :)

p/s- i still want that cake

Anonymous said...

tegur la bebudak tu....
esok lusa belum tentu hidup lagi...

memandang mereka buat dosa dengan penuh perasaan marah tanpa mampu berkata apa2 mahupun berbuat apa adalah selemah-lemah iman...

yazmin said...

tali kasut...

thx for those comments. glad tat u were agree with me...

yan...

it's not tat easy...ada gak i sarcastic...but for them it was nothing. nothing much i can say or do. be part of them...means i hv to act like it was ok. even if i join them for dinner or just a get together...they wont miss the drinks...i'm hopeless...